Did you buy flexible ticket insurance on our website? Then you might be eligible for claiming the change fees with insurer Europ Assistance. Shortly after booking on our website, you have received a detailed e-mail from Europ Assistance with all information (policy, conditions and contact details).
If you want to use your flexible ticket insurance, you would have to perform a change first, before claiming the costs with Europ Assistance (conditions apply). Please check if changing your current ticket is allowed by the airline. You will find the change conditions in your ticket e-mail and on MyTix. Depending on your situation:
1. My ticket is changeable (with fee)?
This means you will be able to change your ticket and put in your claim (if conditions are met). Always perform the change via Gate1 and pay the costs involved. As soon as you'll receive your changed ticket, you are able to put in your claim with Europ Assistance. A change always needs to be requested here.
2. My ticket is non-changeable
More often tickets are non-changeable. In so, please cancel your flights by calling us. We the only possibility would be to make a new booking and claim (a part of) the costs involved with Europ Assistance afterwards. Always book on our website, as stated in the conditions of Europ Assistance.
Europ Assistance needs the documents below to process your claim:
- Policy number: which you will find in the e-mail Europ Assistance sent shortly after booking
- Confirmation/invoice from your original booking: here you'll find the originally paid amount
- Changeable ticket:
- The paylink e-mail with the changing fees
- Your new ticket which states your new confirmed flights
- Non-changeable ticket:
- The e-mail in which we confirm your cancellation
- The booking confirmation of your new flights and the newly paid amount
If anything is unclear with regards to your policy or claiming a change, we kindly advise to contact Europ Assistance directly, as we are unable to assist. Contact details can be found in their e-mail.